Our Performance Test Engineers take responsibility for the scoping, planning, development, execution and reporting of all performance test activities, working independently or as part of a team. As a Performance Test Engineer you will have very strong technical skills and have considerable knowledge and expertise in relation to the use of networks and protocols, client server and web technologies as well as programming/development skills that can be applied to the task of delivering performance test solutions for a wide range applications and IT infrastructures.
- Take overall responsibility for performance testing including initial scoping exercise which will involve reviewing the systems architecture and technologies employed, understanding the inherent risks and identifying potential bottlenecks
- Seek opportunities to carry out performance tests early in the lifecycle, ‘shift-left’ performance activities as far as possible to enable performance engineering when possible
- Determine high level performance test scenarios that need to be executed
- Work with clients on the definition and/or review of Non-Functional requirements on a project
- Undertake Performance Test Proof of Concepts (PoC’s) to confirm intended test approach is viable and tool selection is appropriate
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement and implement solutions that add value client/project
- Experience using a range of Performance Testing tools including LoadRunner/Performance Centre, EggPlant Performance, JMeter, NeoLoad or similar
- Experience of leading performance testing engagements from inception through to successful conclusion
- Ability to identify test environments and data required to support the tests specified, including experience of exploiting cloud options
- Demonstrable aptitude for diagnosing issues and problem solving
- Experience of preparing detailed test plan documents and reports that can be understood by a range of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Able to gain the confidence of non-technical stakeholders by communicating effectively in terms they can understand
In return ROQ can offer a highly competitive starting salary, company pension, Fitbit, life assurance, staff discounts, buy and sell holidays, on-going training and superb career development whilst working in an innovative environment and working amongst skilled professionals.
We also encourage our employee’s to have fun, so we have regular nights out – either as a project team or as a group – along with our annual events such as our summer conference (involving fun team-building activities!) and our Black Tie Christmas Party.
And there’s more….We also have a charity matching scheme which allows you to raise funds for a local charity of your choice and the company will match your donation of up to £200 per year. To encourage CSR activity, we are also proud to be able to offer an additional paid days leave for the purposes of charity work.