Atom has recently been awarded £10m from a fund created to boost competition and innovation in SME banking. With this grant, Atom will deliver a tailored, data-driven financial toolkit for SMEs alongside a suite of Smart Lending products underpinned by Atom’s unique smart contract technology and machine learning capabilities. A Business Analyst is required to join a cross-functional team to help bring this exciting proposition to market.
The crucial bridge between the business and technology, the Atom BA is the driving force behind delivering tangible value through defining, scoping and investigating business problems/opportunities assigned via the Programme / Project Manager.
Activity will be aligned to one of Atom’s key strategic delivery pillars, with a view to initially ensuring thorough impact assessments are undertaken and all impacted stakeholders are identified and consulted. The role then continues to own the change for the entirety of the project lifecycle including requirements gathering, process definition and full end to end traceability through to implementation.
Partnership with other roles within the team is key, and an ability to quickly assess and engage the right expertise is key
- Identify and agree appropriate business analysis approach on a given project / change initiative with the Programme Manager and Lead Business Analyst
- Perform capability assessment against current business system and functionality to provide a view of project viability
- Effective requirements analysis, definition & documentation to create feature backlog to be prioritised by Programme Manager and Business Owner.
- Drive decision making within the requirements gathering and process definition exercises to ensure adherence to plan timelines
- Perform business impact analysis to provide the programme / project manager with a high-level view on the sizing and complexity of a project / initiative, to assist with the assessment of the overall viability.
- Shape, define and agree project scope in conjunction with the programme manager
- Elicit requirements using variety of techniques i.e. workshops, interviews, surveys
- Investigate & critically assess business problem / opportunity against strategic planning and change priorities.
- Investigate & critically assess business problem / opportunity against business goals & strategy
- Contribution towards business cases that accurately depicts proposed project and is tailored to intended consumer(s)
- Liaise with architecture to validate solution design against requirements.
- End to end business process design
- Facilitate and support prioritisation exercises to define MVP and further iterations
- Ensure standards, policies and frameworks are adhered too through collaboration with 3 levels of defence.
- Proficient in agile & waterfall software development lifecycles and the approach to requirements / user stories capture in either
- Ensure requirements are met to ensure business case delivery is achieved.
- Liaise with test team to inform on and support test strategy and ensure completeness of requirement coverage in the approval of test scenario definitions.
- Custodian of requirements throughout project lifecycle
- Support in the speedy and efficient movement of business requirements through the sprint cycle.
- Input to the backlog content and prioritisation as part of scrum team.
- Coordinate and facilitate 3rd party showcase of functionality.
- Maintain traceability of requirements horizontally through to solution delivery and vertically against strategic scope and objectives
- Qualified through demonstrable work experience and examples of success
- Minimum of 3 years’ in a relevant business analysis role
- Strong understanding and practical experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Analytical / critical thinker & problem solver
- Previous experience within a Retail Banking or other Financial Services environment
- Ability to build rapport with business stakeholders and influence and drive decision making
- Holds / working towards Business Analysis certification (Diploma)
- Proficient with Confluence / Jira
Email your application to
with the job title you’re applying for in the subject heading and attach your CV. This is your chance to be you.