Thank you so much for your interest in the TechUP Women programme.
We are really excited to be pioneering a gamechanging retraining route for women into real tech careers. Technology is the future and we want women and particularly women from underrepresented and diverse backgrounds to be a part of that future.
The TechUP Women programme takes women educated to degree level in any subject and in 6 months produces a workplace ready data scientist, software developer, agile project manager or business analyst.
We expect participants to work hard, at least 12 hours per week for six months, and to attend our four residential weekends at Durham, York, Edge Hill and Nottingham. The programme starts at our first residential in Durham on 13th July 2019 and finishes with graduation in Nottingham on 22nd January 2020.
We will expect a lot of you, dedication to the programme, support of your peers, pushing your own boundaries, we only want women who are really up for a challenge. That said, we are really keen to support you and help you through the programme. You will be allocated an industry mentor who will check in with you every week, and a buddy group of other participants on the programme that you will get to know well through the course.
At the residential weekends there will be classes, talks from industry mentors, interesting activities and lots of chances to get to know our industry partners and all the other participants. We want you to learn lots but also have fun on the programme too and of course, our aim is for you to be job ready at the end of the programme.
If this sounds like the programme for you please fill in the application form, upload your CV and record a short video of yourself as detailed below.
We can’t wait to meet you!
How to Apply:
To be considered for a place on the course you will need to complete the following:
- Complete our Application Form by clicking the Apply button below
- As part of the application form, upload your CV; this should include at least your full education and employment history. CVs should be saved in PDF or .doc/.docx. formatusing the following naming convention: surname_firstinitial_DOB_CV.
- Submit a selfie style video via WeTransfer to email@example.com telling us about yourself and why you think this course is for you, please keep it to a maximum of 1 minute. We do not expect professional production quality but this is your opportunity to tell us about yourself. Videos should be saved as .mp4 format using the following naming convention: surname_firstinitial_DOB_VIDEO.
Acceptance Criteria for potential participants:
The TechUP course is limited to 100 places, we are looking for individuals who show exceptional motivation to work in the tech-industry, with focus on women from BAME and underrepresented communities, eligibility will be assessed against the Acceptance Criteria below using your Application Form, CV and Selfie video:
• Must identify as a woman
• Must have a Bachelor degree or equivalent
• Must have some basic technical skills, knowledge and demonstrate an interest in technology
• Must reside in the Midlands or North of England
TechUP is open to all women whatever their background or situation. However, in addition to the above primary criteria, preference is given to women from underrepresented groups including:
• BAME women
• Women with dependants
• Disabled women
• Those with proximity to our partner Universities (Durham, Nottingham, Edge Hill and York)