Is there an age limit?
Applicants must ages 19+
Is the programme only for people who are unemployed?
No, anyone in employment can be eligible for the programme.
Can I do the training and not the interview? I only want to top up my skills.
All programme participants looking for new employment as a result of the training will be expected to interview with at lest one industry partner.
Am I eligible if I am not originally from the UK?
Yes, if you are currently eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have a permanent address within the UK you are eligible to apply for the programme.
Is it open to people at any stage of their career?
Am I eligible if I have a PhD?
Are there any similar opportunities in different subjects you can signpost me to?
Similar Institute of Coding Skills Bootcamps can be found on their website www.instituteofcoding.org.
What are the eligibility criteria?
The TechUP Skills Bootcamps are limited to 105 places each, we look for individuals who show exceptional motivation to work in the tech-industry, with focus on women from BAME and underrepresented communities. Eligibility is assessed against the Acceptance Criteria below using your Application Form, CV and Selfie video:
- Must be ages 19+
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Must agree to provide the following data and information for up to 6 months following completion of the Skills Bootcamp
- Must be looking for a new role, now opportunities or increased responsibility/promotion to a different role which utilises the skills acquired through the Skills Bootcamp.
- Must be either:
- employed/self-employed or
- career changers/returners/redeployed or
- unemployed within the last 12 months
- Must have a Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Must have GCSE Maths grade B (5) or above
- Must have some basic technical skills, knowledge and demonstrate an interest in technology
- Where learners are being sent on training from their employer:
- employer guarantees to pay 30% of the total learner fee
TechUP is open to all women whatever their background or situation. However, in addition to the above primary criteria, preference is given to women from underrepresented groups including:
- People of Colour
- People with Disabilities
What does LGBTQIA+ mean?
LGBTQIA+ refers to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual or other minorities of gender and/or sexuality.
I am on holiday for a month during the programme. Can I still participate?
If you feel you can keep up with the course programme and catch up on missed sessions you can participate.
What does the application process involve?
The application process involves completing an application form and submitting your CV and a selfie video.
Applicants will be asked to take a critical thinking and maths quiz, with a guideline pass mark, this will not be mandatory but will be recommended to help potential learners consider their suitability for the bootcamp.