Are you looking to start a career in Data?
Are you struggling to find the right training?
Are you struggling to find the right employer?
TechUP can help you!
Start Date: 06/11/2021
End Date: 25/02/2022 (celebration event 12/03/2022)
Our Skills Bootcamp in data is a free 14 week online training programme developed in collaboration with industry to equip you with the skills you need to apply for an entry level role, apprenticeship or internship.
What does this Skills Bootcamp include?
The programme will include weekly live tutor led online lectures and workshops, drop-in support sessions, independent online learning, three intensive half day online events, networking, careers fairs, one to one mentoring and motivations sessions, totalling an average of 16.5 hours per week study time.
This Skills Bootcamp is designed for people with little to no previous tech sector experience who are interested in training into a Data role or self-employed people who wish to incorporate Data into their business. Applications are welcome from those currently in employment and seeking to move elsewhere or achieve a promotion as well as those that have been unemployed for up to 12 months and are seeking to return to work.
The blended learning approach of this Skills Bootcamp makes it ideal for those needing flexibility, all independent study can be completed at a time to suit you with live teaching also recorded for those unable to attend live sessions.
Topics covered will include:
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Bias in AI
Our inclusive, multiple award-winning TechUP programmes focus specifically on working with industry partners throughout the design of our skills bootcamps to make sure that our content is job relevant. Our industry partners come together regularly as our Industry Advisory Board and take part in the programme as speakers during our Skills Bootcamp. We aim to ensure that our skills bootcamp learners are on track with the right skills all the way through so that they are interview and job ready by the end.
Through this Skills Bootcamps, TechUP continues its mission to empower the underserved, we encourage applications from those belonging to minority groups such as People of Colour, those with disabilities, LGBTQ+ and those with dependants.
To be eligible for this Skills Bootcamp applicants must:
- Be aged 19+
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Agree to provide mandatory personal data up front and supplementary information on their employment outcomes for up to 6 months following completion of the skills bootcamp, further details on this to follow.
- Be looking for a new role, new opportunities or increased responsibility/promotion to a different role which utilises the skills acquired through this skills bootcamp
- Be either:
- Career changers/returners/redeployed
- Unemployed within the last 12 months
- Have GCSE maths grade B (5) or above or an equivalent access to to FE qualification
- Have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent (level 6) in any subject
- Have some basic technical knowledge and skills, and be able to demonstrate an interest in technology – specifically data
If you are already in a technical/digital role but are looking to upskill, you will require sponsorship from your employer for 30% of the course cost – £1,200
Places are open to anyone who meet the mandatory criteria above, however in line with TechUP’s mission to support and empower those from underserved groups, priority will be given to the following groups:
- People of Colour
- People with Disabilities
What do I need to do to apply?
The Application process includes:
- Filling out an application form
- Submitting your CV
- Submitting a personal statement telling us why you would like to take this course. Explain your motivation and how you meet the acceptance criteria. If none of your degrees or qualifications are of a technical nature, please explain what technical skills you do have, which qualify you for this course.
- Submitting a 1 min selfie video on why you think this course is for you. Please tell us a bit about yourself, why you want to take this course and why we should choose you. We do not expect professional production quality at all so don’t worry about that, just help us to get to know you a bit better and please keep it to a maximum of 1 minute.
- Applicants will also be asked to take the following critical and numerical thinking tests with a guideline pass mark of 60% each, this pass mark is not mandatory but is recommended to help potential learners consider their suitability for the Skills Bootcamp. Applicants will be asked to report their grade for the purposes of course evaluation but they will not be used in learner selection.
Applications are now open, please submit your application below!
Applications close: 04/10/2021
Places awarded: 22/10/2021