TechUP is a training programme that focuses on training individuals from minority groups into tech careers. Working closely with industry the TechUP team creates a programme tailored to industry needs whilst also ensuring every participant gets an amazing learning experience.
Our most recent programme TechUPWomen took 100 women from the Midlands and North of England, particularly from underrepresented communities, with degrees or experience in any subject area, retrained them in technology and then gave them the opportunity to interview with a company for an internship/apprenticeship/job.
The retraining programme, developed by the Partner Universities in conjunction with the Industrial Partners, has modules at level 6/7 and includes:
- Technology: coding, data science, cyber security, machine learning, agile project management.
- Workplace readiness skills: public speaking, clear communication, working as a team.
For Industry Partners, there are four key benefits to partnering with the programme:
- Positive contribution to improving diversity.
- Opportunity to recruit from a diverse pool of talent.
- Volunteering opportunities for your staff.
- Your business promoted as a partner of TechUP.
For Participants, there are four key aspects to the TechUP programme:
- 4 residential weekends hosted by the 4 Partner Universities with training and bringing together Participants, with the academic and industrial organisations.
- Continuous access online training to complement and enhance the residentials.
- At the end of the programme successful participants receive a certificate and an interview with a Partner company.
- To assist with the sustainability of the programme in future years, successful Participants will be encouraged to become ambassadors for the IoC-TechUP programme.
Following the success of the first cohort the TechUP team are now looking for new industry partners in order to run this programme again, if your organisation would like more information on partnering with future TechUP programme please get in touch via our contact us page.
If you are interested in participating in our next TechUP programme you can join our mailing list to get the lasted news and updates.